We all know that with the spring sunshine comes spring cleaning! Most of us run through a list of items around our houses like cleaning out the garage and closets, but what about your office, restaurant or retail space? Regular maintenance and cleaning is crucial to maintaining a vibrant and healthy space for your employees and customers and also helps to prevent small items on your list from growing into larger repairs.
Here is a list to get you started on both inside and outside your property:
- HVAC – Inspect your cooling system to ensure your system is working properly so any repairs can be made in advance of the first 90-degree day! This is also a great time to clean your ducts.
- Lighting- Replace spent bulbs and dust light fixtures. This would also be a great time to upgrade to energy efficient fixtures!
- Windows- Speaking of light- it’s amazing how much of a difference clean windows make! Clean both the inside and outside of all windows and sills.
- Flooring- The winter months can really take a toll on your flooring. Deep clean the mud, debris and salt from your carpets, concrete, tile and grout.
- Furniture – Your furniture is also a catch all for extra dirt, moisture, germs and dead skin cells- ick! A professional cleaning service can really freshen up upholstery, and your employees and guests are sure to really appreciate this item!
- Paint- A fresh coat of paint does wonders for reinvigorating a tired space. Assess the needs of your space by taking a walk-through, start by looking at your high traffic areas like hallways and break rooms. Check out the exterior of your building as well to look for faded or peeling paint.
- Kitchen Equipment- Maintain a clean, safe and reliable kitchen with regular maintenance. Make sure you’re ready for an influx of guests when you’re able to re-open!
- Irrigation- Test your irrigation lines and look for leaks, broken lines and missing or misdirected sprinkler heads.
- Landscaping- asses your property needs for new shrubbery, rock or mulch and tree trimming. Make an excellent first impression with curb appeal!
- Parking lot- inspect catch basins for clogs or mud and assess the need for seal coating and striping.
- Gutters- Clear gutter guards and downspouts of clogged debris to prevent backups and water infiltration.